Hootie & The Blowfish is having the ‘Group Therapy Tour’ in 2019 featuring Barenaked Ladies. The band has planned more than 50 concerts all around the USA, Canada, United Kingdom and Ireland.
|TUE||7:00 PM||OCT 15||O2 Apollo Manchester, Manchester, UK|
|WED||7:00 PM||OCT 16||O2 Academy Birmingham, Birmingham, UK|
Hootie and The Blowfish Concert Locations
Here is a list of places where Hootie and The Blowfish are going to have their concerts. Along with the name of a place and the location you can see the maximum capacity.
- Virginia Beach, Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater (Capacity: 20 000)
- Raleigh, Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek (Capacity: 20 601)
- Atlanta, Cellairis Amphitheatre at Lakewood (Capacity: 18 920)
- Orange Beach, The Wharf Amphitheatre (Capacity: 10 000)
- Tampa, MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre At The Florida State Fairgrounds (Capacity: 20 000)
- West Palm Beach, Coral Sky Amphitheatre (Capacity: 20 000)
- Austin, Austin360 Amphitheater (Capacity: 14 000)
- Spring, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion (Capacity: 16 500)
- Dallas, Dos Equis Pavilion (Capacity: 16 500)
- Phoenix, Ak-Chin Pavilion (Capacity: 20 106)
- Chula Vista, North Island Credit Union Amphitheatre (Capacity: 20 500)
- Las Vegas, T-Mobile Arena (Capacity: 20 000)
- Irvine, FivePoint Amphitheater (Capacity: 12 000)
- Los Angeles, Hollywood Bowl (Capacity: 17 500)
- Wheatland, Toyota Amphitheatre (Capacity: 18 500)
- Mountain View, Shoreline Amphitheatre – CA (Capacity: 22 500)
- Englewood, Fiddlers Green Amphitheatre (Capacity: 18 000)
- Maryland Heights, Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre – MO (Capacity: 20 000)
- Rogers, Walmart AMP (Capacity: 9 500)
- Monticello, Jones County Fair (Capacity: 21 000)
- Cincinatti, Riverbend Music Center (Capacity: 20 500)
- Burgettstown, KeyBank Pavilion (Capacity: 23 000)
- Cuyahoga Falls, Blossom Music Center (Capacity: 23 000)
- Bristow, Jiffy Lube Live (Capacity: 25 262)
- Camden, BB&T Pavilion (Capacity: 25 000)
- Gilford, Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion (Capacity: 7 596)
- Mansfield, Xfinity Center – MA (Capacity: 19 900)
- Saratoga Springs, Saratoga Performing Arts Center (Capacity: 25 100)
- Columbia (MD), Merriweather Post Pavilion (Capacity: 19 319)
- Canandaigua, Constellation Brands Performing Arts Center (Capacity: 15 000)
- New York, Madison Square Garden (Capacity: 20 789)
- Clarkston, DTE Energy Music Theatre (Capacity: )
- Noblesville, Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center (Capacity: 15 274)
- Des Moines, Iowa State Fair (Capacity: 24 794)
- Saint Paul, Minnesota State Fair Grandstand (Capacity: 17 000)
- Elkhorn, Alpine Valley Music Theatre (Capacity: 37 000)
- Tinley Park, Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre – Tinley Park (Capacity: 28 000)
- Toronto, Budweiser Stage – Toronto (Capacity: 16 000)
- Hershey, Hersheypark Stadium (Capacity: 30 000)
- Hartford, Xfinity Theatre (Capacity: 30 000)
- Charlotte, PNC Music Pavilion – Charlotte (Capacity: 19 500)
- Birmingham, Oak Mountain Amphitheatre – AL (Capacity: 10 500)
- Nashville, Bridgestone Arena (Capacity: 20 000)
- Columbia (SC), Colonial Life Arena (Capacity: 18 000)
Hootie and The Blowfish are going to perform live in many US cities, the most prominent are Los Angeles, New York, Dallas, Atlanta. But the biggest halls are in Elkhorn (Alpine Valley Music Theatre) with the biggest capacity – 37 000 viewers have an ability to watch the band live!
Other big ahalls are in Hershey (Hersheypark Stadium, 30 000), Hartford (Xfinity Theatre, 30 000), Camden (BB&T Pavilion, 25 000), Bristow (Jiffy Lube Live, 25 262), Tinley Park (Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, 28 000) and many others.
On avarage all halls can host around 20 000 viewers which Is an advantage for those listeners who prefer big halls for their awesome acoustic abilities and general atmosphere of a big event.
Tickets prices for Hootie and The Blowfish concerts aren’t as high as for more famous MUSE, RadioHead, Red Hot Chili Peppers alternative bands. The cheapest ticket price is only 25 American dollars!
However, it is doesn’t mean that all tickets cost around 25-30 bucks. An average price for a ticket is $100 and the closer concert gets the higher the price is going to be. Keep that in mind if you want to go at one of the band’s concert in 2019.
Plus, ticket prices vary a lot depending on a lication of a concert. Let’s say, if a concert happens at famous theatre or hall the price is going to be higher – simple becouse it looks more precious or has a long and rich history. During their tour Hootie and The Blowfish are foing to visit some of these rich halls and theatres.
In general, tickets for Hootie and The Blowfish concerts in 2019 are cheap and there are a plenty of them to buy. Don’t miss this opportunity if you are a fan of the band or you never been to a concert before.
Hootie And The Blowfish is an American alternative band, which was founded at the University of South Carolina and played a mainstream version of blues rock.
The founding members were Darius Rucker, Dean Felber, Jim “Soni” Sonefeld and Mark Bryan. Their first album Cracked Rear View (1994) was an immediate success and has now reached 21x platinum status (double diamond status) in the US. This made it the best-selling album in 1995 and is still among the 20 most successful albums in the US charts. Included on the album were the four hits Hold My Hand, Let Her Cry, Just Want To Be With You and Time. In 1995, the band agreed with Bob Dylan out of court on the unauthorized use of his text to Only Want to Be With You. In 1996, the band won a Grammy as Best New Artist. In Europe, however, the band could not achieve comparable popularity.
In 1995, Hootie & The Blowfish released Hey Hey What Can I Do to Encomium, the tribute album for Led Zeppelin. Their cover version of the song I Go Blind, originally released as a soundtrack of the TV series Friends in 1995, was a surprise hit for everyone. What happened next was even more remarkable as this song was included neither on the album Cracked Rear View nor on the second album, Fairweather Johnson. Both songs, Hey Hey What Can I Do and I Go Blind were later released on the Rarity / B-Side Scattered, Smothered and Covered collection.
Even the second album could not build on the success of the debut, but it sold at least over four million copies. The following three albums were increasingly unsuccessful, and more hits were missing. In August 2008, the band announced that Darius Rucker wanted to focus on his solo career. The band will no longer record albums and only perform from time to time as part of their charity foundation. In fact, there have been occasional occasional performances, but not for the release of new material.
In 2019 Hootie & The Blowfish has announced thein new big tour all across the USA.
Hootie and The Blowfish Top Concerts
The band had top concerts in mid 90s in the previous century when they were a big hit in the US. When they were touring all around the US they had a plenty of concerts in cities, towns and participated in different open-ait events.
The next decade wasn’t so successful for the band. When Darius Rucker had left the band many thought that their story is over yet it never happened. Hootie and The Blowfish continued touring and now they are on their biggest tour ‘Group Therapy Tour’ in their history with over 50 concert locations.